I’m excited about the website workshop for small business in Moruya this Tuesday 17th of September. Entitled “Make your website work for you!” – Eurobodalla Council has introduced this initiative for local towns including, potentially Batemans Bay, Narooma and towns further south.
I must say I’m impressed by the Council’s efforts for educating enabling small businesses. Having operated small businesses on and off for over a decade, I’ve never seen these kind of programmes driven by councils in capital cities.
I’ve been contracted to run these seminars and looking very much forward to it.
Keeping discussion open and working through various activities, I’ll be taking attendees through these key topics:
- Your Website’s Potential – some illustrated examples summarising the how’s and why’s of making money online.
- Website Strategy – Fundamentals for website beginners, planning what a website is actually going to do, why and how.
- Driving Traffic to your Site – SEO, Pay Per Click advertising, Social Media and Offline Marketing
- Maximising Conversions – Examples of good and bad sites, user experience essentials and tips for max conversions.
- Measuring Success – Analytics and the importance of benchmarks, goals and measuring what works.
- Maintenance and Performance Optimisation – The importance of content, keeping sites up to date and goal orientated changes.
Of course, throughout I’ll be providing interesting statistics and some humorous examples. :) If you’re local and reading this, look forward to meeting you there!